About DR. ANUP DHIR
Dr. Anup Dhir specializes in cosmetic & aesthetic surgery of the face and body. He attended Govt. Medical College, Patiala as an undergraduate and received his medical degree from punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab, India.
Dr. Dhir did his postgraduate residency surgical training at Government Medical College & Rajendra Hospital Patiala leading to M.S. and M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery). He did a clinical fellowship in Plastic Surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay. He has done a fellowship in maxillo facial surgery from Ludiwigs-Maximilians University Munich, Germany. He has also worked as a British Association of Plastic surgeons sponsored trainee at Plastic , Aesthetic,Hand & Burn Surgery units at Newcastle General Hospital & Royal Victoria Infirmary,Newcastle upon Tyne, UK and Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead,UK,.
On his return to India, he started his own practice in New Delhi and joined Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, at its inception in 1995, in the capacity of senior consultant plastic and cosmetic surgeon. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is the First corporate hospital in India to be Accredited by Joint Commission International. He has a special interest in aesthetic
plastic surgery so he keenly follows and introduces the new developments in Aesthetic Surgery worldwide for the benefit of his patients, and is the first plastic surgeon in India to be accepted as an international active member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.His other areas of interest are management of burn injuries Maxillofacial injuries & pressure sores.He has a special interest in medical & surgical management of erectile dysfunction by penile implants. He has performed a wide range of cosmetic & reconstructive surgery procedures, and enhances his skill and expertise by keeping himself up to date with the latest techniques. He travels all over the world frequently to attend courses and conferences.
His practice philosophy is to enable his patients to achieve the full benefit of cosmetic & plastic surgery, by combining his surgical talent with the patients motivation and desire for self enhancement.
Dr. Dhir is an International active member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, International society for Sexual Medicine , Association of Plastic Surgeons of India and Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. He is the secretary of the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons for the year 2009-2011.He is the Convener of the Healthcare division of the American Society of Quality in India.
Why Choose Dr. Anup Dhir?
To undergo cosmetic surgery is one of the very important decisions you are going to make in your life and needs thought and consideration. You should have given thought about the procedure you want and why – how do you think it is going to enhance your life.Then you should look for an appropriate cosmetic surgeon who will be able to deliver safely.Dr. Dhir is fully trained in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery.
- He has 20 years of experience in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery in India and abroad
- He is the first Indian Cosmetic Surgeon to be granted membership of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- He has been practising at Apollo Hospital, Delhi, ever since its inception in 1995.
- He ensures that the patients receive excellent care and follow-up after the procedure.
- He keeps uptodate with the current advances in the field by regularly attending national and international conferences and workshops
- His contribution to the field has been recognised by the medical fraternity and he was recently awarded Exemplary Contribution Award 2008 by the Indian Medical Association, South Delhi branch.
- Over the last 20 years he has helped hundreds of patients gain newfound confidence through cosmetic surgery.
- International active member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons